By DAVID MARTOSKO, U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR PUBLISHED: 18:35 EST, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 18:46 EST, 17 December 2013 Not going: President and Mrs. Obama won't make the trip to Sochi, in what is seen as a huge snub to Russian President Vladimir Putin President Obama, Vice President Biden, and their families will skip the opening or closing ceremonies of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, breaking with recent tradition that has seen very senior White House officials in attendance when athletes from around the world arrive for competition. The move will be seen as a snub of Russian President Vladimir Putin, since the last four Olympics saw far more senior administration officials in attendance. And adding to the in-your-face decision, the U.S. will include an openly gay athlete, Billie Jean King, among its luminaries when the Sochi games open – in defiance of Russia's new national anti-gay laws. The last time an Olympic Games kicked off wi...
Magical Music R.I.P. John Lennon Please note: I will only call the killer(murderer) a "crazed" "fan" not by his real name I will NEVER say his name again, EVER! John Lennon Oct 9-1940-Dec 8 1980 For many people John Lennon meant allot of things musician, father, son, Idol, a mover, involvement in the Peace Movement. All around good guy as far as what we saw through the TV when he had an interview with Dick Cavett or Johnny Carson. I just know he meant allot to me even though the Beatles are m...
Meet John Lennon 's Optometrist As someone who is most likely legally blind without her glasses, I understand the need for a good eye doctor. One of the things I would hate if I ever moved out of the area where I live would be where I would find a new hairdresser, dentist, doctor and eye doctor. Here is what John Lennon's eye adoctor from after he moved to New York City in 1970's has to say about having John as a patient. John wearing small round frames in 1975 The Man with Kaleidoscope Eyes By Gary Tracy, O.D. I was John Lennon ’s optometrist for the last four years of his life, when he and Yoko lived on the Upper West Side of New York City. Thirty years later, patients are still asking what he was like. Here are some of my memories. Still wearing the typical "John Lennon glasses" in 1976. A Day In the Life I first met John and Yoko in 1975. I had opened my practice a year earlier, at 284 Columbus Avenue. Back then, t...
Comments
Post a Comment