John Lennon, Yoko Ono, New York City Is Your Friend

I finally was able to find the song by David Peel that says NYC is the friend of John and Yoko on the Internet. Here it is (It's the Ballad of NYC).

Yes, there is an irony as to what happened on December 8, 1980.

But let's remember Mark David Chapman came from Hawaii and originally from Texas and then Georgia. New Yorkers tended to give space to John and Yoko, and Yoko continues to stay in New York City three decades later. New York City was truly their friend.

ADDENDUM: The song was on the album, "The Pope Smokes Dope" (1972). I have always been against drug abuse and found the antics of Peel uncomfortably trivial for the most part. Still, he and his band made me laugh beyond my discomfort back in the day...The song, though, is a gentle one, and again filled with a poignant irony as we hear it today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Lennon

'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby

Why should I study in china?