John Lennon Sings From the Afterlife: Gone? Think Again.

HAVING BEEN AN EVP TECHNICIAN FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW who absolutely loves her work, to me every voice I hear is amazing; But John Lennon always delights, surprises and, periodically, rattles my cage (Not a problem. I grew up with a father who is a dedicated purveyor of sarcasm- consequently I find it charming). Recalling the occasions I've encountered him during the course of my techno-mediumship, it has become more and more apparent that John remains a voice for transformation- for spiritual evolution, concerning those on the physical plane. His lyrics suggest a penchant to expand the collective human consciousness in a very simple yet accessible way. Recording spirit folk, time and time again one theme stands head and shoulders above all others, (on the physical plane as well as beyond) the optimum existence experience reflects "peace and love." Sound familiar? John knew it. John lived it...And he wears it like a garment still today. To be honest, I never understood the Beatles 'mystique.' According to the media in the late 1960's and 70's- "sex, drugs and rock and roll," seemed to be their pervading mantra. Upon recent reflection, I have a very different picture of singer/songwriter/activist Lennon. He really is the devoted humanitarian endowed with the curious, loving heart of a child (the quality media outlets worked to offset); And he is, as he once put it so eloquently, continuing to "Shine on. Like the moon and the stars and the sun."

(*Lens title reference: The day before John and friends came to record I'd "requested his presence." Immediately preceding the first line of the song he asserted, "By invitation ONLY, friend!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why should I study in china?

John Lennon

'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby