John Lennon: Sunroom at Kenwood











"The first memory that always comes back is swimming in John's pool at his house in Weybridge. I'd gone to spend the day with him, but when I arrived, it turned out he had decided it was a day for not talking. I walked round his garden with him, not talking. Cynthia made lunch and we ate it, not talking. I sat with John in his cramped little den, under a sticker saying "Safe as Milk" while he watched children's television, not talking.Then we had a swim, round and round in his pool, not talking, but while we were swimming, we suddenly heard the noise of a police siren floating up the hill from Weybridge itself. It was giving that familiar two-note wail - Ah, ahh, ah ahh, ah, ahh. John started playing with the two notes - humming them, while not actually talking.Then he went inside, went to his piano, till he had turned the two notes into a song, or at least half a song."Hunter Davies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obamas and Bidens to snub Sochi Olympics opening ceremonies amid tensions with Russia over Edward Snowden tensions and gay rights

Tribute to John Lennon

Magical Music R.I.P. John Lennon