John Lennon Quotes on Sean and Parenting

Sean Ono Lennon and John Lennon
“I just sat all night looking at him, saying, ‘Wow, it’s incredible.’ When Yoko woke up, I told her, ‘He’s fine,’ and we cried.”
About Sean's birth
"The joy is still there when I see Sean. He didn't come out of my belly, but my God, I've made his bones, because I've attended to every meal, and how he sleeps, and the fact that he swims like a fish because I took him to the ocean. I'm so proud of all his things. But he is my biggest pride."

"If [Sean] doesn't see me a few days or if I'm really, really busy, and I just sort of get a glimpse of him, or if I'm feeling depressed without him even seeing me, he sort of picks up on it. And he starts getting that way. So I can no longer afford to have artistic depressions. If I start wallowing in a depression, he'll start coming down with stuff, so I'm sort of obligated to keep up. And sometimes I can't, because something will make me depressed and sure as hell he'll get a cold or trap his finger in a door or something, and so now I have sort of more reason to stay healthy or bright..."
“I wanted to give five solid years of being there all the time (with Sean). I hadn’t seen my first son Julian grow up, and now there’s a 17-year-old man on the phone talking about motorbikes. No matter what artistic gains I get, or gold records, if I can’t make a success out of my relationship with the people I love, then everything else is bullsh*t.”
"I've been baking bread and looking after the baby... Everyone else who has asked me that question over the last few years says. 'But what else have you been doing?' To which I say, 'Are you kidding?' Because bread and babies, as every housewife knows, is a full-time job. After I made the loaves [of bread,] I felt like I had conquered something. But as I watched the bread being eaten, I thought, Well, Jesus, don't I get a gold record or knighted or nothing?"
"Well, I just want him to grow up happy. That's the main thing."
talking about his first son, Julian
"The reason why kids are crazy is because nobody can face the responsibility of bringing them up."
"You can't cheat kids. If you cheat them when they're children they'll make you pay when they're sixteen or seventeen by revolting against you or hating you or all those so-called teenage problems. I think that's finally when they're old enough to stand up to you and say, 'What a hypocrite you've been all this time. You've never given me what I really wanted, which is you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Lennon

Why should I study in china?

'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby