John Lennon Quotes 1

John Lennon
"What I'd have liked would have been the money and the hit records without the fame."
"I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another."

"I wouldn't say I was a born writer; I'm a born thinker."
"Art is only a way of expressing pain."
"Newspaper people have a habit of putting you in the front pages to sell their papers, and then after they've sold their papers and got big circulation's, they say, 'Look at what we've done for you."
"My defences were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn't know how to cry. Simple."
"I don't intend to be a performing flea any more. I was the dreamweaver, but although I'll be around I don't intend to be running at 20,000 miles an hour trying to prove myself. I don't want to die at 40."
"The postman wants an autograph. The cab driver wants a picture. The waitress wants a handshake. Everyone wants a piece of you."
"I really had a chip on my shoulder, ... and it still comes out every now and then."
“What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink.”
Reporter: "They think your haircuts are un-American."
John Lennon: "Well, it was very observant of them because we aren't American, actually. "
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
"What I used to be is guilty about money. That's why I lost it, either by giving it away or by allowing myself to be screwed by so-called managers."
"You're in a fishbowl so make use of it, man."
"I never listen to the radio. If it's bad, I make fun of it, and if it's good, I get jealous that I didn't think of it."
"The more I see the less I know for sure."
"The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn’t the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility."
"Nobody controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me."
"I once received a bra... with "I Love John" embroidered on it. It thought it was pretty original. I didn't keep it, mind you - it didn't fit. "
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."
"I hate Shakespeare; I don’t care whether you should like him or not. I don’t know if it’s because of school or because it doesn’t mean anything to me."
"You make your own dream. That's the Beatles' story, isn't it? That's Yoko's story. That's what I'm saying now. Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It's quite possible to do anything, but not to put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don't expect Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself."
"Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law its nine-tenths of the problem."
"Happiness is just how you feel when you don't feel miserable."
"It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man."
"I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence."
"Don't believe that jazz about there's nothing you can do, 'turn on and drop out, man'-because you've got to turn on and drop in, or they're going to drop all over you."
"It's better to fade away like an old soldier than to burn out. I don't appreciate worship of dead Sid Vicious or of dead James Dean or of dead John Wayne. It's the same thing. Making Sid Vicious a hero, Jim Morrison — it's garbage to me. I worship the people who survive. Gloria Swanson, Greta Garbo."
Question: "Do you have a picture of ``when I'm sixty-four''?"
John Lennon : "No, no. I hope we're a nice old couple living off the coast of Ireland or something like that - looking at our scrapbook of madness."
"I've always considered my work one piece and I consider that my work won't be finished until I am dead and buried and I hope that's a long, long time."
Interview with RKO Radio on the day of his murder (December 8, 1980)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Lennon

Why should I study in china?

'I'll take a teddy for my d...' said Kate. Is that D for daughter, they asked: Duchess nearly slips as she tours Grimsby